Bing Advertising and Your Calgary Business
Microsoft, through its Bing search engine offers online advertising in much the same way as Google. Ads are created, targeting, times, and budgets are set and businesses get billed as people click the ads.
In one report on Canada search engine market share (2012):
- Google has about 88% of the market share
- Bing has about 7% of the market share
- Yahoo has about 4% of the market share
In another report (2012):
- Google has about 68% of the market share
- Bing has about 16% of the market share
- Yahoo has about 5% of the market share
And looking at one of my own clients here in Calgary (in a general category during 2012)
- Google brought 4,546 visits or 93% of the market share
- Bing brought visits 182 has about 4% of the market share
- Yahoo brought visits 146 has about 3% of the market share
The question to ask for your business: Is it even worth it to set up a Bing advertising campaign?
The answer to this question would come from a very quick analysis. Bing has some targeting advantages and, like any auction that has three independent auctioneers, the system can be gamed to your advantage. Much in the same way as stock market arbitrage happens, you could save a lot of money finding the bidding holes between the networks. After all, a paying client is a paying client - who cares what search engine brought them to you.
Call 403-991-8863 for more information.