Calgary Retail Location Strategies
Choosing the best location for a business in Calgary is more than finding good space at a good price. Here is a list of some things to consider:
- The amount of space you need
- The amount of space offered at a specific location
- The cost per square foot
- The lease terms
- The reputation of the property manager/owner
- The traffic flow to that location
- The competition in the area1
- Signage opportunities. Almost nothing will help your business more than a good sign.
- The number of people who work or live in the first two kilometers of the location.
- The demographics of the people who live or work near your location.
- Access to the location: parking, roads, public transit, etc.